Sunday, March 27, 2011

Towers of Flowers

Today I went to the ribbon cutting of "Macy's Tower of Flowers." I'm not a particular fan of Macy's or flowers, but I felt like I had to do something with my sunday.

It was pretty exciting. In line of the JapanNYC events, there were kids performing on taiko and koto (which is what drew me to going to the opening). The arrangements on the first floor were really well done. Each part had plants from different parts of the world. It's a shame it's not permanent. From what I can tell, those plants really made the store feel warmer.

I even bought a purse! That fact in itself isn't impressive. But the fact that I got 2 tickets to a symphony at Carnegie Hall because of it is!

Anyway, I got inspired to draw. I was planning to do a gag pic of myself. But then it became something entirely different. I thought, "Why not make this a commemorative doodle." So basically it's a strange self portrait surrounded by pastel florals and wearing a jacket that I really like. 


It seems my style is changing.



The window displays were very well done.



Not that I have ever been inside that Macy's before today, but there were a ton of people.


I won't lie, this is a pretty amazing location.



I took home some of those paper blossoms. They're nice additions to me walls.

This should be permanent.











The famous wooden escalators




Living art







I have much to show from NY. There should be a surplus of posts coming up.


No comments:

Post a Comment