Friday, December 17, 2010

Not what I had in mind


I have been in quite the drawing mood today. Though I would say it is to keep my mind off of everything that has been stressing me. 

I felt like drawing something with actual strokes (as opposed to Illustrator, which is all dot-dot-dotting). What we have here is a craptastic version of a very nice idea that has been floating around in my head. I plan to redo it in Illustrator (you know, for the non-craptastic version). 

The program I used this time was Deviantart's "muro." Is it a good program? I've seen good examples, but I have never been a fan of my own results. 

If I were to narrate my procedure, it would go something like this:

  • "Oh, this is such a fun brush! I love how it makes the hair more whispier!"
  • "This dress is looking pretty good. Not bad, color palette."
  • "These walls...I can't get a good gradation here. Maybe I should try lowering the opacity?"
  • "Do NOT lower the opacity! Everything is greeeeeeen!"
  • "I was going to draw a shop window, but I think a gray square will be good enough."
  • "...I actually liked the hair?"
It got really half-assed by the end. Maybe I should avoid actual drawing programs. They just make me sad. 




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment