Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My vacation spot

When you think of vacation spots, you think Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico. Somewhere warm. I'm quite the opposite. Sure, what restricts me from visiting those places is that I lack the income. But even if I did have the money, I would still go to Madison.

Madison is a city that has been a prominent part of my world ever since I was a child. There was something special about it that I couldn't find in any other city. Spiritual, if you will. With the Buddhist temple and the many Asian import shops, those could be contributors. Most impressive of all, the connection Madison has with the Dalai Lama.

It is one of the largest cities in Wisconsin, and although it lacks skyscrapers (one of the qualifications of a perfect city), it makes up for with historical charm. Most of the buildings are quite old, making it the perfect place for specialty shops and boutiques. Of course, the juxtaposition of the few modern buildings like the Museum of Contemporary Art are quite striking.

It has become a tradition for my parents and I to go on a "Madison Holiday Shopping Trip" every year. Although I have already posted so many photographs of this city, I believe each one is somewhat different  from the last.

Henceforth, my favorite photos from the latest Madison excursion!


This is a nook in the Indian restaurant the serves my favorite dish: Shrimp Marsala. What's the restaurant's name? Uh, I don't know...


 I get the feeling this might be the last Madison trip I'll have for awhile, so I secretly took photographs of all the shops I have been visiting for years.


Art Gecko has such lovely window arrangements.


Although I don't shop here like I used to, I still enjoy the interior of Urban Outfitters.


It's technically still Autumn. 


Rarely photographed: A church. 
It just looked too good in the snow to pass up. 

 Look what I did~


No comments:

Post a Comment