Sunday, April 11, 2010

Art in Bloom: A Large Post

A few days ago, I went to the "Art in Bloom" at the Milwaukee Art Museum. It was a special even where florists arranged flowers based on specific pieces of art.






I am obsessed with anything urban/architectural, and the Calatrava is no exception.
I actually had a "dream art museum" that I created when I was around 7. In my mind, it had white walls, bright florescent lights, and would be playing Enya's "Sail Away" in the background. Because of that vision, I had an "abstract" phase as a young child.

This is a lovely interpretation of my dream art museum by my friend Hannah Smiltneek, who is an amazing sculptor in her own right. If she ever makes a website, I will be sure to share it.

Here are some examples of the flower pieces with their corresponding artworks. Aren't they nifty! I have to admit that I wasn't so much enjoying the flowers as much as just the museum in general. I literally enjoy the rooms and white walls and the sparseness. Guess I am not much of a flower person.

I think I am going to make this adventure a two part posting. Trying to deal with all these pictures and their formatting is making me a little crazy. So "toodles" until the next post which I guarantee will be in the next second!

No comments:

Post a Comment