Saturday, June 12, 2010

It would happen sooner or later

While I am still experiencing my creativity block, I thought I would finally share with you something that I have been hinting at since the day I started this blog. That's right: STAIRS


Stairs are a passion that has been lingering inside me for a long while. It wasn't until recent that I acknowledged it actually existed.

The first signs was the abundance of shots I took at the Wisconsin Capitol Building.




Then it showed up full force when I was living in Japan. I had no choice but to realize this wasn't just a coincidence. 












This is just a tiny sampling of what accumulated there. 

So ever since I "came out of the closet under the stairs," I have been taking pictures of any staircase I see. No matter how dowdy it is. Sometimes, I even go on "stair pilgrimages." 

My friends have been very supportive and have even taken pictures of local stairs for me. Now, before you say I am a pervert, this is because I am making an "Amateur Stair Photography with Odd Quotes" book. I actually set up the format and am doing it all by hand. I even have already done 50 pages or so. I haven't worked on it in awhile cause I got frustrated with Indesign. But....someday when I am done, I will send it in to some publishers. I even wrote some possible candidates down. Though would someone really want to publish such a strange and pointless book?

No comments:

Post a Comment