Sunday, January 22, 2012

What is this thing called drawing?

I've returned to NY and am at a loss as to what to do with myself. School starts monday which means never-ending work and hopefully a return to normalcy. I've remembered how anxious I get when I have nothing to do in ny. I know, I know. How could I ever not have something to do in New York? But unlike Madison or Milwaukee, I don't have any special places in the city that I love visiting. Sure, I like the Upper East Side, but until I am rich and successful, it will remain a cruel reminder of dreams that I have no idea how to accomplish.

Anyway, I have nothing to do. I can't concentrate enough to read. My cooking is still pathetic. I am all around in a daze. It also doesn't help that it's the time of the year when I went to Strasberg. So coupling free time with New York covered in snow is the quickest way to an anxiety attack.

So I thought I'd try my hand at working on my latest self portrait. I was a little reluctant since I will be doing this kind of stuff everyday from here on out and should try to reserve my energy, but that is a terrible excuse.

So here is my progress.


Progress, indeed. 

I am just not feeling it lately. I couldn't get any enthusiasm out of this, sooooo I won't bother doing any work on it more tonight. I intend to finish it, though it might be some time before that happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment