Tuesday, August 30, 2011

State of the Union 2011

It is once again that time of the year when I do a new self portrait.


My original idea was a lot more grim and involved a lot of black. No doubt it reflected my emotions at the time. But now I toss away that black hat and don a martini dress. 

What brought this on? Ever since returning to New York, I have embraced the breeze of a new beginning and long for the luxurious life. The final push was the music from Mad Men. Soundtracks do so entrance me.

So all of a sudden, I crave martinis and little dresses. The former was taken care of tonight, but I can't so easily shake my latest theme. Therefore, I dedicate this year's self portrait to the 60's. Though the novelty isn't lost on me. I am, of course, a student with her head in the clouds. Hence the windows in the back are from my dorm's (My room is actually called the penthouse. Put on some bossa nova!). The Empire State Building also makes an appearance. Though that isn't wistful projections. I can actually see it from my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment